The topic of the forthcoming school:
Nonlinear PDEs, their geometry, and applications
The goal of the forthcoming school is to present recent results in the theory of nonlinear PDEs, their geometry, and applications. The coursers will stress a role of geometrical methods and especially methods of contact geometry to study nonlinear PDEs and methods of their integrability. Various methods of finding and using symmetries and conservation laws will be presented. Especially the following topics will be emphasized: methods of integrability and finding smooth and singular solutions (shock waves). All these methods will be illustrated by applications to fluid mechanics, field and quantum theory, etc.
The speakers will be:
• Alexei Kushner (Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia) Geometry of Monge-Ampere equations with Maple
• Valentin Lychagin (University of Tromsø, Norway) Contact Geometry and measurements
• Ian Roulstone (University of Surrey, UK) and Martin Wolf (University of Surrey, UK) Higher Geometry and Non-linear PDEs
• Volodya Rubtsov (University of Angers, France) Geometric structures associated with Monge-Ampere operators
• Sergey Tychkov Symbolic computations in differential geometry with Maple
School fee is 375 EUR
The fee includes meals, accommodation (2 beds rooms with private bathroom) and lectures. To apply please send an e-mail to email@example.com or fill the registration form.
Your request will be considered by the Organizing Committee.
We expect that some support will be available to fund students and other young researchers. If you are requesting financial support, please complete the registration form and send a pdf of your CV as soon as possible.
*picture by Eivind Schneider
Organizing Committee: A. Barszcz, R. Kycia, P.Kowalski, J.Szmit, R.Szymczyk, M.Ulan
The Organizing Committee can be contacted for any question and suggestion via the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org